Chief Investment Officer – Designate
You will be in a transitionary role as Chief Investment Officer – Designate with oversight and mentoring from the outgoing Chief Investment Officer. On confirmation as Chief Investment Officer, you will look after BSP Life’s investment portfolio of approximately $820m in various asset categories including private and listed equities, properties, fixed interest securities and mortgage loans. You will also have full responsibility for the management of BSP Life’s and related company investments (excluding direct property management), the delivery of required returns in line with the company’s strategy, investment mandates, policy framework, and risk appetite.
- Lead the Investment Division’s strategic and tactical planning in consultation with the Managing Director (MD) to achieve business goals, Shareholder and Policyholders investment return expectations.
- Deliver results as required under approved business and strategic plans.
- Act as the advocate for the Investment vision via regular written and in-person communications with the Board, Investments Governance Committee, MD BSP Life, Executive team members and related stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate investment organisation structure that supports the growth of the investment portfolio generating expected returns for the Life Insurance business.
- Develop a team that delivers value-added assessment and analysis of both existing and new investment propositions. These include undertaking financial and feasibility studies/analysis towards investment decisions and closely monitoring investments performances and advising on divestment where necessary.
- Represent BSP Life on Boards where there is substantial shareholding interest.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of all Investments Division’s staff in accordance with corporate objectives and the company’s recruitment and selection policies.
- Work with the Appointed Actuary in the review and recommendation of investment policies and mandates.
- As a member of the Executive team collectively participates in the setting of strategic direction and tactical annual plans of BSP Life’s business.
- Overall responsibility for the Investments Division’s compliance with laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures and implementation of necessary controls to ensure appropriate adherence.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Finance or related field. A post graduate qualification in a business-related field will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar senior level management role.
- Advanced financial and investment analysis skills.
- Proven People Management and relationship management experience.
- Good knowledge of Investments related Legislation
- Proven knowledge of the local investment market and financial services with advanced knowledge of investment risk management and competitors’ activities.
- Good knowledge of offshore investment products.
- Successful management of a business will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to network with key investment stakeholders in commerce, industry and government.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate strongly and manage the end-to-end process of large investment proposals.
- Possess a culture of risk management within the Investments environment and incorporate risk evaluations in investment decisions.
- Business Transformation
- Leadership (Visionary)
- Customer “Centricity”
- Leading Others
- Quality Focus
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 2 July 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.