Compliance and AML Officer
Applications are invited from qualified, dedicated and experienced personnel for this position reporting to the Manager Compliance & AML and based at Level 7, BSP Life Centre, 5 Thomson Street, Suva.
The primary function of the role is to ensure compliance by company and employees with laws, regulations, company policies and Group standards. This role is a second line function, and the main objective of this role is to assist with the establishment and maintenance of a robust and effective Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) framework. The incumbent must be able to provide assurance to the Manager Compliance & AML (MCAML) and General Manager Legal & Compliance (GMLC) around compliance with all external and internal obligations relevant to the industry.
- Assist with regular review of BSP Life’s approach in relation to significant risk policies and strategies.
- Embed statutory and regulatory obligations into the compliance registers, policies and processes.
- As the AML Officer, assist business units and sales advisors on Know Your Client (KYC) queries including vetting of KYC documents if requested.
- Alternative point of contact for regulators in respect of audits, information requests, reports and consultations.
- Ensure RBF Insurance Supervision Policies are embedded into BSP Life policies and procedures.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant regulatory requirements to provide advice and guidance to the MCAML and GMLC and other senior managers enabling them to implement compliant policies and procedures.
- Facilitate employee training on AML and Compliance policies.
- Assist in providing regular internal reports on Compliance and AML matters.
- Update and maintain internal Compliance Registers.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager Compliance & AML.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher, tertiary qualifications in finance, business or law is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the industry, at least 1 of which has been spent in a compliance or risk management role.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the financial services industry.
- Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
- Commercial acumen and advanced knowledge of Risk Management and Operational Risk Management tools is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of financial services regulations, as impacting BSP Life’s business.
In line with the Government’s Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) Regulations, all applicants must demonstrate that they have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and confirm their intention to receive the second dose of the vaccine before 1 November 2021/confirm that they have received the second dose, or provide the necessary exemption from the Ministry of Health. This will be an essential qualification for employment.
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 29 October 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.