Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position reporting to the Assistant Manager Finance – Accounting Operations and based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The primary function of the role is to facilitate finance operational functions including accounts payable and other finance related duties.
- Process supplier and policyholder payments accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the Accounts Payable Policy.
- Daily reconciliations and recording of cash summaries for Life and Health receipts.
- Process international supplier payments in accordance with the local regulatory requirements including regulations of Fiji Revenue & Customs Service (FRCS) and Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF).
- Reconcile supplier accounts and ensure payments are processed in a timely manner to avoid any disruptions in supply of goods or services. Promptly follow-up on outstanding or disputed invoices/accounts to ensure that they are resolved immediately.
- Maintain, reconcile and prepare Vat return and provisional tax payments withheld from applicable suppliers to ensure correct remittances are sent to FRCS and timely and accurate returns are provided periodically before the statutory due dates.
- Assist with Internal and External Audit information requirements.
- Other related duties of the department as assigned by the Finance Leadership Team from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least two years of practical experience
- Hands on experience and understanding of accounting process, creditor and debtor management, bank and general ledger reconciliation, fixed assets and general administration.
- Intermediate technical skills in Compliance/Legislation.
- Intermediate technical skills in Collections.
- Proficient in Oral and Written English.
- Proficient in General/Desktop Microsoft Applications.
- Customer “Centricity”
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high calibre candidate.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 22 October 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.