Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above position reporting to the Manager Actuarial and based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The prime function of the role is to help the Actuarial team derive fair price of Life and Health products, monitor and report on the actual experience, and perform complex business oriented work in the best interest of Shareholders and Policyholders.
- Assist the Actuarial team in providing Actuarial advice to the business when new products are introduced through business case reviews, product specification reviews, sales pack reviews, policy document reviews and premium calculation testing.
- Assist the Actuarial team in providing advice for BSPH group schemes on the terms to renewal cover based on prior year experience, and also to quote terms for new business.
- Assist in preparation of the draft copy of the Financial Condition Report and Liability Valuation Report that is reviewed and updated by the Appointed Actuary.
- Assist in preparation of the draft copy of the Actuarial portion of the Annual Life Insurance returns that is reviewed and
updated by the Appointed Actuary.
- Perform Data Integrity and reconciliation check on the Administration system.
- Assist in performing actuarial investigation on actual experience as and when required.
- Testing of the administration systems for any changes, as and when necessary.
- Providing reports on key business indicator to the business, mainly persistency and policy movement.
- Maintain and update essential policy alteration spreadsheets/maturity calculations spreadsheet/death benefit calculation spreadsheets to ensure operational risk is minimal.
- Update and review alteration spreadsheet as and when the need arises.
- Attend to customer queries when required.
- Carry out any other adhoc tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor in Mathematics/Statistics with a minimum GPA of 3.8
- No prior experience necessary
- Computing/IT – Basic
- Industry Knowledge – Basic
- Numeracy/Finance – Basic
- Product Knowledge – Advanced
- Proficient in Oral & Written English –
- Proficient in General/Desktop Microsoft Applications – Advanced
- Customer “Centricity”
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 24 September 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.