Insurance Benefits Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the Head of Health Insurance, based at Level 5 BSP Life Centre, Suva.
What We’re Looking For
Manage the Health Insurance Benefits Teams and provide BSP Life Standard services to our insurance clients, insurance intermediaries, Insurance Advisors, Brokers and business associates within the legal and operational parameters as per delegated limits of authority.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Benefits Management functions to ensure that processes are carried out accurately and efficiently in compliance with BSP Life policies, business rules and standard procedures and according to agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide service and department staff support to ensure that Health Benefits Management team functions and processes are carried out in line with BSP Life policies and standards and within agreed KPIs.
- Maintain accurate and proper records of Clients information i.e. from when initial claims request is received to time of payment (settlement of claim) and ensuring the ability of reporting our records for management information and actions.
- Ensure that we maintain good relationships with local and overseas medical service providers.
- Capability to respond to claims queries from medical Providers after working hours.
- Providing service to our insurance clients, Agency force and Brokers according to BSP Life’s standards and best practice standards.
- Managing and leading the department in initiatives to improve and enhance people engagement, improve compliance, reduce operational risks, improve processes and other initiatives.
- Nurture a Risk Management culture within the respective teams and ensure monthly meeting minutes and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure people are equipped and motivated to perform.
- Assist with Internal and External Audit for the division including compilation of data and assisting auditors with queries.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure adherence to policy and procedures and provide information when required.
- Manage the performance and development of staff through staff development to improve the department’s efficiency and the service to its customers.
- Perform responsibly and professionally with specific duties delegated from time to time by the Head of Health Insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Studies or Management preferably a Diploma in Nursing.
- 12 years’ relevant management experience in a similar role with excellent insurance and medical knowledge.
- Sound understanding of the Insurance Act.
- Sound knowledge of products, policies, procedures, systems and industry legislative requirements.
- Sound knowledge of medical conditions and terminology.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Methodical in approach and attentive to detail.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive with good time management techniques with proven planning and organising skills.
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively coach and support staff.
- Service MQR – minimum 18 months’ service with current substantive position.
- Leading Others
- Planning & Organising
- Quality Focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 18 September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.