We understand the trauma patients and loved ones go through when sickness or accidents happen. We’ve designed our Health plans to be able to assist you when you need us most.Health Insurance | BSP Life
Manager Finance – Technical & Compliance (RE-ADVERTISED)
The key purpose for the role is to support the Financial Controller in managing Group consolidation and reporting process, required implementation of existing as well as new accounting standards and interpretations issued by the International Accounting Standards Board or Fiji Institute of Accountants; manage tax and regulatory compliance registers of BSP Life entities; and understand, assess and document impacts of changes in taxation and regulatory requirements; provide business support to BSP Life entities and subsidiaries.
• Manage planning, solution development, documentation, deployment, and integration of compliance of existing, new and emerging accounting standards, taxation laws and interpretations (“SIG”) issued by FRCS which may impact the BSP Life Group entities.
• Provide business support to the BSP Life entities, as well as subsidiaries.
• Ensure monthly consolidation for BSP Life Group and other monthly headoffice reports are submitted within the set time frame.
• Manage tax returns for the BSP Life entities and handle taxation matters to ensure returns are lodged with FRCS on a timely manner.
• Prepare consolidated annual budgets and forecasts, as required from time to time, for the BSP Life Group, including liaison to obtain necessary inputs from BSP Life entities and subsidiaries.
• Manage External and Internal Audit and prepare BSP Life and BSP Heath (Company) and consolidated financial statements annually and half yearly and ensure they follow international standards and other regulations. This respon-sibility is shared with Planning & Reporting team.
• Manage all general insurance matters for BSPL Group. This involves liaising with brokers, arranging renewals, assistance with submitting claims through brokers and act as central resource point for all enquiries.
• Manage BSP Life’s Fixed Assets register to ensure records are properly recorded and reported.
• Coordinate and/or drive the training and process excellence initiatives of the department including having regular weekly meetings.
• Work closely with the wider Finance team to achieve departmental synergies and process efficiencies, with a view to avail more time for value added activities.
• Conduct regular reviews of policies and procedures of BSP Life entities and subsidiaries, as agreed with Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer from time to time – with an objective to propose simplifications and enhance-ments.Initiate Cost-Conscious Culture across the company.
• Manage meetings with respective departments to discuss on issues relating to taxation and regulatory compliance matters.
• Develop high-quality work procedures and understanding of the business units, with a view to plan accounting standards, taxation or other regulatory change implementations.
• Perform any ad hoc task assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Financial Controller.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Accounting and Finance is essential.
• Full Member of CPA Australia or FIA (Desired).
• 5-10 years relevant practical experience in preparing financial reports to International Accounting standards and Companies Act and
• Proficient in Oral & Written English.
• Proficient in General/Desktop Microsoft Applications.
• High level Sun Systems user.
• Intermediate Technical Skills in Compliance/Legislation.Intermediate Technical Skills in Risk Management.Intermediate Technical Skills in Product Knoweledge.Intermediate Technical Skills in Negotiations.Intermediate Technical Skills in Industry Knoweledge.
Have a sound understanding and application of BSP Life’s Values.
Please refer to the Job Description in the BSP Life Recruitment Portal & when you are ready to apply, you are to use the link in the same Portal. Applications will only be accepted via the online Portal. Emailed and hard copy applications will not be considered.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate meeting COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Please call the HR services team via telephone number 331 7000 if you have any questions.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 3 February 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.