Sales Training Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position reporting to the Head of Business Development and based at the Business Development Department, Level 7 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
The role is primarily responsible for assisting the Head of Business Development and/or Business Development Manager in developing sales tools and materials for BSP Life Insurance Advisors, as well as managing the delivery of training and the preparation of the sales training budget.
- Design and conduct annual sales training needs analysis for insurance advisors and compile reports to identify skill gaps and determine training needs.
- Prepare the annual Sales Training Plan in conjunction with the Advisor Career Development Plan, ensuring all programs support the sales training imperatives of the Distribution & Marketing division and BSP Life’s strategic and business plans.
- Design, develop, coordinate and deliver effective sales training programs that are fit for purpose including product, technical skills, performance drivers, relevant compliance requirements, legislative and statutory regulations to improve advisor capability and competence. Revise and improve existing sales training programs and materials accordingly.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all internal and external training programs immediately after delivery.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate external training programs in support of the business needs, review end of course feedback and monitor post training performance.
- Review and develop sales training resources and materials, ensuring these are appropriate.
- Develop insurance advisor sales tools to assist activity and client monitoring and coordinate its production including but not limited to printing collateral, electronic communications, and audio-visual productions.
- Develop and conduct the annual Life & Health Insurance Examinations for renewal licensing, assess and compile the results report.
- Coach, support and provide guidance to Insurance Advisors who may need regular assistance including one-on-one training for Trainee or new advisors.
- Assist in managing the sales training budget and ensure expenditure is within agreed budget.
- Produce monthly newsletter for Insurance Advisors sharing selling and success tips, ensuring proper sign-off to protect against breach of legislation or misrepresentation.
- Provide a monthly sales training report on achievements, development plans and budget utilization.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- A Certified Trainer with a Degree in Management, Business Administration or Human Resources;
- Sales experience with 3 to 5 years in a senior training position or equivalent;
- Proficiency in writing manuals and training materials is essential;
- Excellent skills in People Management Process;
- Knowledge of the operations areas of sales, insurance, products and systems;
- Knowledge of the industry legislative compliance requirements;
- Strong sales and customer services ethics;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think conceptually;
- Professional and target oriented with the ability to work without supervision and work to meet deadlines;
- Good planning, time management and organising ability including project management.
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Good PC skills in MS Office applications, Survey Monkey, Articulate 360.
- Customer “Centricity”
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organization and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 15 October 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.