The key purpose for the role is to provide a variety of system analysis and programming duties in the development, implementation, and support of information systems and to analyse user information system needs and provide recommendations.
- Perform a variety of system analysis duties in the development, implementation, and support of
- Analyse user information system needs; document the functionality and requirements;recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet the business needs.
- Design, program, and test application systems using application development tools and procedures.
- Assist in the development of user guides and manuals for system users.
- Assist in training users as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors the support, maintenance and upgrades of third-party applications.
- Respond to service requests and problem calls in a timely and courteous manner.
- Install and test vendor software applications and programs.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and monitoring tasks/projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Computing Science or Information Systems/Technology with 3 years’ experience in
- ITIL certification preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in design and analysis and 1 year experience using development
languages and be a subject matter expert.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the application development languages and tools used, e.g, Visual Basic, Visual Studio.NET, MSSQL, MySQL, PLSQL, MS Access, IIS, SharePoint, Microsoft 365.
- Experience with data analytic tools such as Power BI and SSRS.
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures (e.g. PL/SQL code) and working with data in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Experience in development and maintenance of Android/iOS applications and have deployed them on Google Play/ Apple App Store. Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to specify and develop computer programs or subsystems of limited scope and impact using
a range of programming languages.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience in organising and coordinating
- Familiar with process reengineering discipline.
- Be able to work independently and/or within a team.
- Good understanding of data structure and design.
- Ability to understand, document and analyse complicated enterprise specific business rules.
- Must have the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Good command of verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required.
Please refer to the Job Description in the BSP Life Recruitment Portal & when you are ready to apply, you are to use the link in the same Portal. Applications will only be accepted via the online Portal. Emailed and hard copy applications will not be considered.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate meeting COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Please call the HR services team via telephone number 331 7000 if you have any questions.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 30 September 2022 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.